Yes! In addition to the in-app game instructions, we also provide written game instructions in PDF format. Here are the links to those documents:
How can we help you?
- Popular Questions
We do! Please see written instructions here in PDF format:
Here are some of the main reasons you may be having trouble with the MindRacers software properly detecting the cars:
1. The number one reason is a lack of adequate lighting on the LaunchPad area. Make sure to increase the lighting, and be careful to position the light in a way that it does not cast shadows across the LaunchPad area.
2. If you are using Osmo with an iPad, make sure that the inserts in the base are correct for your iPad model. If you look down on the white base, you should see text like 'iPad Air - iPad Mini' or 'iPad 2- iPad 3 - iPad 4'. Please make sure the text matches your iPad model. See our video on this step here:
3. Are the players hovering over the Hot Wheels cars, and, as a consequence, shadows are covering the cars?
4. Is the reflector mirror dirty? Please wipe with microfiber cloth.
5. Is the reflector mirror cracked? Please let us know (at firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can send you a new one.
6. Are you running iOS 8 or above? (Osmo only supports iOS 8 or newer.)
If, after addressing this list, the problems continue, please send an email with pictures and / or video to email@example.com for assistance.
As long as you have an iPad other than the Pro 12.9-inch, the Osmo iPad Base will fit your iPad.
It's possible that you need to switch the Base inserts to accommodate yours. If this is the case, please follow the simple instructions in this video. Suggest getting a pencil with eraser ready to do this:
If, for any reason, you still have a question about adjusting the inserts, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Not at this time. It is compatible with both iPads and iPhones.
The Osmo games/apps are designed for ages 5-12, with the exception of the Monster game which is designed for children aged 4-9.
There are multiple levels of difficulty in all of our games that make them fun for any age, including adults!
- Examples of what Osmo customers young and old have created with our Masterpiece app are here: Masterpiece Wall of Fame
- Also, you can expand the functionality of the Words game by creating your own, "custom" albums (that may include music, geography, words in various languages or any other visual content). Please use these links to see what other people have created and to create new content yourself: