The new Osmo Reflector for Fire Tablets (2021) is a specially designed piece of hardware that makes the Fire HD 8 (10th Generation) and Fire HD 10 (11th Generation) tablets compatible with Osmo. This new reflector helps accommodate the thinner bezels on these landscape devices.
Note that it works with all Osmo-compatible Fire tablets, not just the landscape models. If you have been using the standard Fire reflector with your Fire tablet, you can also use the Osmo Reflector for Fire Tablets (2021), without any additional setup.
The new reflector is available for purchase on PlayOsmo.com and Amazon.com. If you have already purchased an Osmo Fire Base or a Starter Kit for Fire, you can request a new reflector to be shipped to you free of charge).
There are two modes available on the new reflector:
- Thin Bezel Mode makes the reflector sit a little higher to work with cameras that are closer to the edge of the Fire tablet. Use this mode if you are using a Fire HD 8 (10th Generation) or a Fire HD 10 (11th Generation).
- Thick Bezel Mode sits on a Fire tablet just like our standard reflector and works with Fire tablets that have more space between the camera and the edge. Use this mode for any other Osmo-compatible Fire tablet.
To use the new reflector, please follow these steps:
- Find a tool. A variety of items can help change modes. For most people, a fingernail will work fine. You can also try a paperclip or a credit card.
- Put the tool into the slot of the adjustment dial and gently push in on the dial until you feel it stop.
- While pressing in, turn the dial until you feel it stop.
- Release the tool from the dial allowing it to lock into place.
Turning the dial clockwise will put the reflector in Thin Bezel Mode.
Turning it counterclockwise will return it to Thick Bezel Mode.
The Reflector for Fire Tablets (2021) and the Reflector for iPad (2021) are not interchangeable. There are five white dots on the back of the Fire reflector which make it easy to distinguish it from the iPad reflector.