Please follow these steps to reset the camera permissions:
- Open the settings app
- Tap on "General" in the left column
- Tap on "Reset" in the right column
- Tap on "Reset Location & Privacy"
Start the app up again to see if it requests camera permissions and then gets past the loading screen.
If that doesn't work, you can uninstall and reinstall the app, and when asked to grant camera access, please answer 'yes.' Alternatively, you could adjust your camera settings so your device works with the Osmo apps.
Please make sure that the Osmo games are checked under Settings > Privacy > Camera. Now check that the camera is not disabled under your restriction settings. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps, if the toggle next to "Camera" is grey then tap the toggle to allow access to the camera.
The next thing to try is to restart your device and see if the game runs. To do this:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button (a red slider will appear)
- Drag the slider to turn your device off
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo and the device is turning on again
If that does not help, the main cause of these errors we've seen is there being a camera hardware issue. To check this, do the following:
- Start FaceTime on your device
- You should see yourself on screen, if you see a black screen or the app crashes, there is an issue with your camera hardware