Some of the Amazon Fire tablets are smaller in size, which means that they have to be placed higher up in order for the camera to see when Osmo game pieces are placed in front of them. In order to play the Osmo games on these smaller Fire tablets, the legs in the Osmo Base for Fire Tablet must be extended.
FIRE MODELS THAT SHOULD HAVE THE BASE LEGS EXTENDED:
- Amazon Fire 7 (7th Generation, 2017 Release)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 (7th Generation, 2017 Release)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 (10th Generation, 2020 Release)
FIRE MODELS THAT SHOULD HAVE THE BASE LEGS UNEXTENDED/RETRACTED:
- Amazon Fire HD 10 (7th Generation, 2017 Release)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 (8th Generation, 2018 Release)
- Amazon Fire 7 (9th Generation, 2019 Release)
HOW TO EXTEND:
In order to extend the base legs, you need to pull the legs out while keeping the button pressed.
HOW TO RETRACT/SHORTEN:
To shorten the base, hold the button while pushing the legs back up. Note that if the legs appear stuck in one position, you may need to wiggle them a bit from side to side.
Please refer to the following videos to see a demonstration of leg extension/shortening.
NOT SURE WHICH FIRE MODEL YOU HAVE?
You can find out your exact model under Settings > Device Options > Device Model.
The instructions for whether to extend or shorten your legs are also part of the setup steps presented at the launch of each app.