If you are using Pizza Co. pieces and your iPad doesn't see them, it could be due to one of a few reasons:
- Your hand is covering the pieces. In this case, take your hands away from the pieces and Osmo should recognize them.
- The reflector is on backwards.
- The pieces are too close or too far away for Osmo to see. If this is the case, try sliding your pieces so that they're centered in front of the iPad.
- Do you have an iPad Mini/Air? Did you follow the special setup instructions here?
- Is there a protective film still on the reflector? If so, please remove.
- Are you using it in an area with very low light? Try increasing the lighting in the room. Spot lights like desk lamps directly on the play area can create glare which can cause issues. If a lot of light is coming from behind the iPad, there may be lots of shadows where the camera is trying to see.
- Are you playing on top of the Creative Board (or anything raised above where the Osmo base is sitting)? If so, try taking that away.
- Try placing a plain sheet of 8.5"x11" white copy paper underneath the base (longways) and use that to place the pieces on top of.
- Is the reflector dirty? Please wipe with microfiber cloth.
- Is the reflector cracked? To request a replacement, please log into your myOsmo account and navigate to the account page underneath your name. Click on the Games link on the left, then scroll down to the replacement piece section and fill out the form. We'll send you an email confirmation that we received your request.
If you continue to experience difficulty with the iPad seeing what's in front of it, please contact the Customer Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.