Here are some of the main reasons you may be having trouble with the MindRacers software properly detecting the cars:
1. The number one reason is a lack of adequate lighting on the LaunchPad area. Make sure to increase the lighting, and be careful to position the light in a way that it does not cast shadows across the LaunchPad area.
2. If you are using Osmo with an iPad, make sure that the inserts in the base are correct for your iPad model. If you look down on the white base, you should see text like 'iPad Air - iPad Mini' or 'iPad 2- iPad 3 - iPad 4'. Please make sure the text matches your iPad model. See our video on this step here:
3. Are the players hovering over the Hot Wheels cars, and, as a consequence, shadows are covering the cars?
4. Is the reflector mirror dirty? Please wipe with microfiber cloth.
5. Is the reflector mirror cracked? Please let us know (at email@example.com) so we can send you a new one.
6. Are you running iOS 8 or above? (Osmo only supports iOS 8 or newer.)
If, after addressing this list, the problems continue, please send an email with pictures and / or video to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.