You may need to adjust your camera settings so your device works with the Osmo apps.
Please make sure that the Osmo games are checked under Settings > Privacy > Camera. Now check that the camera is not disabled under your restriction settings. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps, if the toggle next to "Camera" is grey then tap the toggle to allow access to the camera.
The next thing to try is to restart your device and see if the game runs. To do this:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button (a red slider will appear)
- Drag the slider to turn your device off
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo and the device is turning on again
If that does not help, the main cause of these errors we've seen is there being a camera hardware issue. To check this, do the following:
- Start the camera app on your device
- You should see yourself on screen, if you see a black screen or the app crashes, there is an issue with your camera hardware
If you follow the steps listed above and the issue continues to occur, please contact us through this support form with your device model number and a few pictures or a video of the issue occurring so we can better assist you.
Here are instructions to find which model / device you have:
iPads: open Settings > General > About
Fire tablets: open Settings > Device Options